RINA Consulting S.p.A. is glad to announce a series of webinars focused on clean energy transition on islands by grouping sister projects funded by European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme together in four separate events.
The projects involved are:
- SMILE – Smart island energy systems, GA n°731249
- IANOS – Integrated solutions for decarbonisation and smartification of islands, GA n°957810
- INSULAE – Maximizing the impact of innovative energy approaches in the EU islands, GA n°824433
- GIFT – Geographical island flexibility, GA n°824410
- ISLANDER – Accelerating the decarbonisation of islands’ energy systems, GA n°957669
- MAESHA – Demonstration of smart and flexible solutions for a decarbonised energy future in Mayotte and other European islands, GA n°957843
- REACT – Renewable energy for self-sustainable island communities, GA n°824395
- ROBINSON – Smart integration of local energy sources and innovative storage for flexible, secure and cost-efficient energy supply on industrialized islands, GA n°957752
These events aim to present the point of view of the principal H2020 funded projects in the framework of clean energy transition on islands, thus consolidating their collaborative approaches, meditating towards new perspectives by creating synergies. Hence, this workshop will involve projects with more than 160 partners from all over Europe and approximately 80 million of Euros of funding.
The four webinars are scheduled as followed:
- “Islands energy transition: experience in H2020 projects – Chapter 1: Demand-Side Management, flexibility and energy management” – 9/9/2021 10:30 -12:30 CEST
- “Islands energy transition: experience in H2020 projects – Chapter 2: renewables and energy storage technologies” – 17/9/2021 10:30 -12:30 CEST
- “Islands energy transition: experience in H2020 projects – Chapter 3: sector coupling” – 22/9/2021 10:30 -12:30 CEST
- “Islands energy transition: experience in H2020 projects – Chapter 4: regulatory framework and energy communities” – 24/9/2021 14:30 -16:30 CEST
The results of the webinars and the lesson learned are expected to be presented by rapporteur projects at Sustainable Places event in the period of 29th September – 1st October 2021.
SMILE will be in charge of presenting at the event the outcomes of the “Demand-Side Management, flexibility and energy management” webinar as well as the ones of the “Regulatory Framework and Energy Communities”.
For more information, please visit the RINA website.